Evolving in a Digital World
Produced by the Knowledge Center, an executive conference from S&P Global Market Intelligence
Join our mailing list to get the latest on the European Multichannel Summit. Check back often for updates on panel topics and speakers.
Competitive challenges are eroding the conditions that propelled the Western Europe multichannel market past the 100 million subscriber mark, leading to slowing growth as the battle for video subs intensifies.
Join us for our inaugural European Multichannel Summit in London November 16 to discuss how changing consumer video habits and fast-evolving new technologies have forced a strategic shift in how providers offer video via home entertainment platforms, multiscreen access, and over-the-top delivery.
Operators are investing in content-driven advanced platforms as well as technologies to broaden distribution and serve specific demographic segments, complementing growth on high-margin broadband as part of bundled propositions. All strategies that we predict will maintain healthy multichannel video subscription revenues, for which we forecast growth of 20.8% from 2016 to 2025. Western Europe's hyper-competitive and highly connected environment provides compelling insight into dealing with future change and innovation via strategic partnerships, diversification and M&A.
Our Summit will explore:
- Operator strategies amid intensifying over-the-top competition.
- The impact of new distribution: OTT, VSPs, and skinny bundles.
- Emerging business models from retransmission fees to e-sports.
- Key trends in M&A markets and long term viability.
- Adaptation to changing viewing patterns: content distribution and production in a digital and demographically segmented age.