Produced by the Knowledge Center, expert training from S&P Global Market Intelligence
P&C Accounting and Analysis is a three day fast-track course, designed for professionals with some foundational concepts already under their belts. This seminar provides the essential concepts from our two-day Statutory Accounting course and our two-day Financial Analysis course into one concentrated program. It is ideal for those who need to read, understand, and analyze property and casualty insurance statutory financial reports. A comprehensive approach will take you from insurance basics to high level financial analysis.
You'll learn the basic skills needed to perform analysis on the financial strength of a P&C insurance company. The course begins with an industry overview, focusing on regulation, products, distribution, corporate structure, and profitability. The seminar uses vertical analysis techniques for assessing Statutory and GAAP financial schedules, horizontal analysis for assessing results over time, and benchmarking to track a company’s results against industry and regulatory standards.
Real-life examples and actual company data will provide you with practical learning opportunities regarding the application of profitability measurements, solvency requirements, and financial ratio experience in analyzing the financial strength of a P&C insurance company.
What you'll learn:
- Industry overview: regulation, products, distribution, corporate structure and profitability
- Basic skills to perform analysis on financial strength of P&C insurance company
- Vertical analysis techniques for assessing Statutory and GAAP financial schedules
- Horizontal analysis for assessing results over time
- Benchmarking to track company's results against industry and regulatory standards
- Profitability measures, solvency requirements, financial ratio experience