Produced by the Knowledge Center, expert training from S&P Global Market Intelligence
Join us for two full days of comprehensive power valuation training, providing the skills you need to quickly and accurately value individual U.S. power sector assets and whole companies. The power valuation techniques you'll learn are specific to the industry, so you can apply these principles immediately in your day-to-day efforts.
You will learn by doing – studying real world case studies, rather than getting mired in theoretical abstractions. Build your knowledge of power assets, power plant valuation, power purchase agreements and tolling contracts and utility valuation. You will take home time-tested model templates that will save you effort as you apply these techniques yourself.
Take your understanding of valuation to the next level and attend our optional 3rd day Renewable Energy Valuation Workshop.
As an attendee, you will:
- Create more accurate valuations by applying the standard valuation methods, including DCF, comparable analysis, and multiple analysis
- See how to get the data that is used in standard modeling assumptions
- Learn how to incorporate market based revenue and cost drivers, including forward and spot pricing and implied heat rates to develop more relevant, robust valuations
- Discuss the role of PPAs, tolling agreements, steam contracts, and other financial arrangements that affect the value of a deal
- Gain invaluable real world insight from a seasoned, world class instructor with decades of transaction experience in the power sector
- Practice using take-home models that value single plants, T&D assets, regulated generation assets and whole companies so you can apply the principles you’ve learned immediately upon your return to work
This program presumes familiarity with basic accounting and finance concepts. Participants will need to bring a laptop computer.
"Great instructor with tremendous deal-making experience."
– Director of Finance and Business Planning, A Regulated Utility Company
"A good balance of real world and academic perspectives – highly recommended."
– Manager, Analytics & Asset Optimization, An Energy Company
"Great case studies. I liked walking through the NPV model."
– Senior Financial Analyst, A Power Solutions Company
Join us on November 1-2, 2017 for this event.