High-level perspectives on 2016 M&A, public equity, private capital, and the capital markets presented by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
In the aftermath of 2015’s record year for announced U.S. merger and acquisition transactions, which saw a value of $2.055 trillion in deals, 2016 saw a modest retreat as $1.719 trillion in M&A deals took place, according to data from S&P Global Market Intelligence. The recent results marked the fourth consecutive year that U.S. M&A deal value topped the $1 trillion mark. Additionally, last year’s deal total stands as the third-best, led by 2015’s total of $2.055 trillion and 2000’s deal value of $1.722 trillion.
- U.S. Announced M&A in 2016
- Global Corporate and Sovereign Credit Outlook
- Real Estate M&A Activity Slows in Second Half of 2016
- M&A Transaction Activity by Sector and Geography
- Top M&A Deals in 2016’s Top Performing Sectors