The environment for a quick rebound in the energy sector remains challenging. After three straight quarterly declines in the S&P 500 Energy index, negative earnings growth for the sector since the fourth quarter 2014 and a rise in the number of bankruptcy filings by U.S. energy companies, the prospects for the various industries comprising the U.S. energy remain challenging. In this sixth issue of Sector IQ: Energy, S&P Capital IQ analysts examine several factors which could play important roles in any sector recovery.
- Oversupply Looks Past Crude for Signals
- Are You Staring Down the Barrel of Your Revolver?
- Issuance Trends in Third-Quarter 2015
- Vulture Watch: Credit Risk Tables and Bankruptcies
- U.S. Regional Banks with Large Energy Exposure Will Likely Be the Most Exposed
- Oil Price Losers: The Impact of Oil Price Drops on Country Risk and Sovereign Risk
- Oil, Gas, and Consumables Merger and Acquisition Activity Retreats
- Price and Frac Spreads Continue to Fumble