Despite Lower Deal Volume, Value Rebounds
Looking at data from the past three years, Latin America has experienced the same deal activity trends that have persisted in global markets: transaction volume continues to dwindle while deal sizes continue to grow.
Key findings from this latest issue of Deal Trends in Latin America include:
- Latin American deal volume fell 13% in Q2 2017 LTM vs Q2 2016 LTM
- Transaction value rebounded by 30% to $141 Billion USD in Q2 2017 LTM when compared to Q2 2016 LTM
- Argentina’s credit rating has been upgraded from B- to B for both LT foreign and domestic currency
- Chile was downgraded from AA- to A+ LT foreign currency and from AA to AA- in LT local currency
- Ecuador’s credit rating was downgraded from B to B- for both LT foreign and local currency
- Venezuela was downgraded from CCC to CCC- LT foreign currency and from AA to AA- in LT local currency
Click here to read the October issue of Deal Trends in Latin America.
Click here to subscribe to this publication.