In recent trends, we’ve seen merger and acquisition deals in the restaurant industry with transaction valuations exceeding $250 million. The fourth quarter of 2017 was led by M&A with 12,558 transactions, or 41% of the 30,874 individual transactions occurring in the quarter.
Private-equity owned Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. recently announced its proposed acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc for $2.92 billion. marking another big ticket deal in the U.S. restaurant industry. The deal ranks as the fourth-largest U.S. restaurant deal ever, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence data. Other big restaurant deals last year include Restaurant Brands International Inc. acquiring Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. for $1.83 billion and Panera Bread Company’s $7.75 billion purchase by Rye Parent Corp., a subsidiary of JAB Holdings B.V.
Key articles include:
- Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. Deal Propels Restaurant M&A Activity For 2017
- Global Corporate And Sovereign Credit Outlook: Global Credit Quality Should Remain Largely Stable In 2018, With European Metrics Set To Improve
- Most U.S. REITs Trading At Discount To Price Targets
- M&A Transaction Activity By Sector And Geography
- Top M&A Deals in 2017’s Top Performing Sectors
Subscribe to receive future issues of this publication.
Are you spending a lot of time verifying transaction valuations? Learn more about our reliable transaction data.